Position Title: NCAA Division III Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach
Purpose of Position: Lead the Men’s and Women’s Tennis Teams
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
Supervision Received: General supervision; reports to Athletic Director
Supervision Exercised: Directs activity of full-time assistant coach and student employees
Work Schedule: Full-time; 11-month position; some evening and weekend work is required; up to 50% travel
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Example of Duties:
This position involves frequent verbal, written, and email correspondence with current and prospective students, parents, faculty and staff. The successful candidate will:
- Develop and implement a successful recruiting/retention plan
- Devise a game strategy which includes scouting opponents
- Plan and supervise practices/contests and off-season training and strength conditioning programs
- Coordinate team travel
- Manage the program operating budget
- Integrate the tennis program into the campus community
- Adhere to and ensure compliance with departmental/College/NCAA Division III rules and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years of coaching experience
- Proficiency in basic computer skills
- Must be able to perform duties within the normal bounds of an office environment as well as stand for long periods of time. Must also be able to demonstrate techniques to student athletes.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Previous collegiate coaching experience and collegiate tennis experience preferred. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is able to work independently, has excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and will be someone who is able to interpret, apply and comply with all NCAA rules and regulations. A demonstrated commitment to the academic development of student athletes will be given preference as will knowledge of Adrian College policies and procedures.
Adrian College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and women and minorities are encouraged to apply. If offered a position, finalist must furnish proof of U.S. citizenship or proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. within three (3) days of commencing employment.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three references to Michael Duffy (email@example.com). Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.