Assumption College - Associate Head Men & Women's Tennis Coach
About Assumption College:
Assumption College, a Catholic institution sponsored by the Augustinians of the Assumption and rooted in the Catholic intellectual tradition, strives to form graduates known for critical intelligence, thoughtful citizenship and compassionate service. We pursue these ambitious goals through a curriculum grounded in the liberal arts and extending to the domain of professional studies. Enlivened by the Catholic affirmation of the harmony of faith and reason, we aim, by the pursuit of the truth, to transform the minds and hearts of students. An Equal Opportunity Employer. Assumption favors diversity, ecumenically welcomes all who share its goals, and strongly encourages applicants from underrepresented racial minorities to apply.
BASIC PURPOSE: This position is responsible for assisting with all aspects of instruction along with the development and management of a comprehensive NCAA Division II Men & Women's Tennis Programs as a component of the college experience, which enhances and supports the students' education in support of the mission of the College.
1. Assists with all phases of the men and women's tennis programs.
2. Responsible for complying with all policies and procedures as set forth by Assumption College, the NE10 Conference, and the NCAA.
3. Assists with identifying, evaluating and recruiting potential student-athletes.
4. Assists with the process for recommending financial athletic aid, the National Letter of Intent and the non-renewal/renewal scholarship recommendations.
5. Assists with areas of the sport's budget including equipment purchases, travel costs, recruiting expenses, meal allocations and game day expenses
6. Assists in scheduling and conducts regular practice sessions as allowed by the NCAA and College guidelines. Utilizes sound teaching techniques in the preparation of competitions and practices.
7. Assists with scheduling with their head coach.
8. Assists in developing and implementing strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at their best.
9. Responsible for promoting and maintaining an atmosphere of NCAA compliance amongst assistant coaches and student-athletes.
10. Participates in public relations activities and works closely with the College's athletic communications, marketing and fundraising programs.
11. Assists with fundraising initiatives (events, individual outreach) with the Head Men & Women's Tennis Coach and Director of Athletics for enhancing the operating budget.
12. Attends athletic development/alumni functions, academic/athletic honors and other special events as designated by the College.
13. Represents the sport program in the community as appropriate.
14. Assists in coordinating personal development initiatives and community service activities for all student-athletes.
15. Position requires working weekends and nights.
16. Serves as a Campus Security Authority for Clery reporting purposes and a Responsible Employee for Title IX reporting purposes.
17. Prioritizes attendance at College events such as: Student-Athlete Candle Light, Hall of Fame Dinner, Athletics Awards Night, Orientation, Graduation, etc.
18. Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Head Men & Women's Tennis Coach and Senior Associate Athletic Director.
* Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the College as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption College.
* Bachelor's required.
* Possess current CPR and First Aid Certification/Automated External Defibrillator
* Excellent computer skills
* Excellent communication organizational, managerial and clinical skills
* Variable working hours including evenings/weekends and traveling with intercollegiate athletics teams.
* Interacts daily with student-athletes other college administrators, parents and physicians, and other professionals;
* Supervises professional staff and student employees.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sitting, standing, walking, and bending are required of this position. Use of a computer keyboard and computer screen for periods of time with close vision and the ability to adjust visual focus plus manual dexterity are required. May be required to lift equipment up to 50 lbs.
MENTAL DEMANDS: The mental demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Examples of mental demands include reading (documents), detailed work, confidentiality, language, math, reasoning, oral communications, written communications, customer contact, multiple concurrent tasks, constant interruptions, and performing calculations when necessary.
Please be sure to submit your cover letter addressing qualifications for this position along with your resume through the Assumption College Website : https://assumption.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=114677