Campbell University - Assistant Men's Tennis Coach
Campbell University, a NCAA Division I institution, is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Tennis Coach. This is a full time, 12 month, position. The Assistant Coach is a member of the Campbell University Athletic Department and helps the Head Coaches oversee all areas related to the performance of the Tennis athletes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with the head athletic trainer to ensure continuity of care for the tennis athletes.
- Assist in evaluating and recruiting tennis student-athletes. This includes on and off campus recruitment.
- Help the head coaches with practices and individual skill development of tennis athletes.
- Assist in the administration of the tennis program as directed by the head coaches.
- Work with Academic Services to assure the tennis athletes are meeting the academic requirements set by the NCAA for eligibility.
- This position demands accuracy, honesty, integrity and the ability to work with the Christian mission of Campbell University.
- This candidate may be assigned additional duties and responsibilities by the head tennis coaches.
- Bachelor's degree
- The candidate needs to have preferably played NCAA DI tennis.
- Prefer work experience as an assistant tennis coach.
- Well-traveled and has been exposed to different cultures.
- Strong verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Legal status to work in the United States.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The candidate should have basic knowledge of Division I sports and the ability to make match management decisions.
- The Assistant Tennis Coach will be in a position where making the right decision could affect the outcome of a sporting event. The candidate will need to be trustworthy.
- Maintain equipment and inventory of tennis supplies.
- Coordinate with the Athletics Equipment Manager the ordering of all needed equipment and uniforms.
- Communicate effectively to all groups through both oral and written channels. Reach out to coaches, parents, and players though the United States and worldwide due to the global nature of the tennis program.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and attention to detail are essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet
- Demonstrate tact, a positive attitude, courtesy and discretion in dealing with trustees, faculty, staff, students, high-level university officials and the public.
- Work independently as well as function effectively in a team and within a diverse group of people.
- Detail-oriented and willing to work in a changing environment.
- Broad knowledge of Campbell University policies and procedures and FERPA guidelines.
*All candidates are required to apply through the Campbell University website: