Assistant Women/Men's Coach
Classification: Full-time Exempt (12 month position)
Function of Position: The person in this position will assist the head coach in developing and coordinating a tennis program that is highly competitive in Division III while following the standards and guidelines established by Central College, the Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (IIAC) and NCAA Division III.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the head coach in:
- teaching student-athlete skill development and mental/motivating techniques
- supervision and development of practice and game sessions
- Assist the head coach in recruiting and retention of academically qualified student-athletes within the guidelines of Central College, the IIAC and NCAA Division III.
- Collaborate with admission office staff and counselors for contacts, campus visits, and other recruiting activities
- Support the program by assisting in the organization and supervision of:
- Fundraising activities
- Camps and clinics
- Attend staff development opportunities and coach's meetings
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Supervision: Performed under the general supervision and standard practice of Central College.
- Bachelor's degree, with one to three years of experience coaching preferred.
- Strong communication skills required
- First Aid/CPR/AED certified or ability to obtain certification within six months required
- Ability to travel; night and week-end work required
- Valid driver's license and the ability to be insured to drive college vehicles required
Central College is an equal opportunity employer and a drug/tobacco free workplace.
Please contact Human Resources with questions by emailing email@example.com or calling 641-628-7681.