Head Coach, Cypress College Women’s Tennis (part-time faculty position)
Option to teach an open-entry tennis course starting August 2019 for fall Session 2019 available depending on qualifications; The Head Coach assignment begins January 2020 in preparation for the Spring 2020 for Tennis Season.
Description of Position:
Under general supervision of the Dean of Kinesiology/Athletics and Athletics Director, the head women’s tennis coach instructs and supervises all aspects of the women’s competitive tennis program, including teaching, administration and coaching at all team events and functions.
Preferred Knowledge of:
• CCCAA and NCAA bylaws and procedures for Women’s Tennis.
• Fundraising and recruitment strategies to enhance program outcomes and success.
• Supervising and controlling Intercollegiate activities and participants.
• Teaching tennis techniques, recruitment of athletes, and coaching tennis at a competitive level.
• Promoting a positive environment and student-athlete responsibility.
• Monitoring soccer facilities and team room for violations of rules and safety standards.
• Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers and the public.
• Effective verbal and written communication.
Applicants with the following qualifications will be given preferred consideration:
Master’s in physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise, or adaptive physical education; OR Bachelor’s in any of the above AND master’s in any life science, dance physiology, health education, recreation administration or physical therapy; OR the equivalent.
Applicants who meet the criteria below are encouraged to apply:
• Applicant has a earned an Associate’s degree AND has 6 years of documented and paid tennis coaching experience; OR
• Applicant has earned a Bachelor’s degree AND has 2 year of documented and paid tennis coaching experience.
Inquiries and questions about the position should be directed to:
Bill Pinkham, Cypress College Athletics Director (714) 484-7357
Due to the high volume of applications received, we ask that you do not contact the Department Chair/Dean directly. They will review the information provided and contact you if an opening arises or if they are interested in scheduling an interview. Possession of minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview. Also note that you must upload your resume and transcripts in addition to your application
through the Registry website. Applications submitted without all required documents will not be considered. Evidence of degree conferred/awarded must be printed on a legible transcript.
Application materials should be uploaded via the CCC Registry.