King's College, Wilkes-Barre, PA is seeking a Grad Assistant Coach for the seasons 2019-2021 for the Men's and Women's Men’s and Women’s Tennis Teams. Assistant will report to the Director of Tennis Operations / Head Tennis Coach. It will be a 10 month position ( August thru May) with rooming and board provided. Summer employment is also a possibility.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Participate in the planning, organizing and execution of preseason and season practices. Assist in the monitoring of conditioning programs
- Provide input as to the evaluation of the athlete’s performance and progress. Evaluate opponents’ performance and scouting. Ensure the peak performance of athletes during games
- Participate in the recruitment of prospective student athletes as per Head Coach needs
- Participate in planning for events including fund raising or other special functions
- Drive University Vans to and from practice, games, playoffs, and coaches meetings
- Attend annual Spring Break Trip during Winter or Spring Break. 7 days in early March
- Additional duties can be assigned with discussion between the Head Coach, Director of Tennis Operations and the Assistant Coach
- Attendance may be required at the annual athletic awards banquet, any MAC conference meetings, any and all all-star balloting or voting meetings, and all King's College Athletic Department meetings as deemed necessary
The position, governed by the rules and regulations of the NCAA and of King's College, requires working with the Head Coach in all facets of the program. You must develop a working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. If you plan to recruit, you must successfully pass the NCAA Certification exam.
The Assistant Coach will be responsible for driving the team van to and from contests as well as pre-season practice or tournaments, so a valid drivers license is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Collegiate college coaching experience preferred
- Knowledge, observance, and commitment to all rules and regulations of the College, MAC ECAC, and NCAA
- Valid drivers license
Varied to meet business demands as needed.
A background check is required for employment.
To apply contact Bill Eydler: email@example.com