Legacy Youth Tennis and Education, 4842 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131
Legacy Youth Tennis and Education’s mission is to prepare youth for success through our inclusive community using tennis, education and character programming. Our programs bring together tennis, fitness, nutrition, performance, character development and family engagement.
Legacy is currently seeking to hire tennis coaches. The Center-Based Tennis coach works under the direction of the Director of Tennis Administration to design, organize, and deliver high quality tennis programming to Center-based clinic and camp participants. In addition to serving as a Center-based tennis coach, this position manages one or more clinics and/or camps and other revenue-generating initiatives.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide a tennis program that caters to all participants including, but not limited to, private lessons, group lessons, clinics, social tennis and free play.
- Assist in the development and implementation of instructional plans.
- Take charge and/or assist in on-court activities.
- Be a role model in consistently showing a high level of respect to each participant, being conscious of equal treatment and attention, and promoting a sense of camaraderie and inclusiveness.
- Bring a sense of enthusiasm, preparedness and commitment to ensure quality programming.
- Participate in evaluations of programs and participants as needed.
- Continuous monitoring of the health and safety of each participant, ensuring that they are kept to the highest standards both on and off the courts
- Primary responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of Legacy equipment and the satisfactory appearance of Legacy sites to meet client expectations.
- Work as part of a team to set up, break down, and pack up tennis equipment each day, and be proactive in providing assistance as needed to all participants using the equipment.
- Assist with maintaining the tennis courts and common areas, keeping areas clean of trash, store equipment neatly and in an orderly fashion.
- Adhere to all Legacy policies and procedures.
- Participate in all training and continuing educational activities as directed.
- Attend staff meetings as directed.
- Come to work dressed neatly and professionally, in appropriate tennis clothing.
- Assist in the preparation and organization of tennis tournaments
- Promote and encourage student participation in all Legacy programs and events (NJTL, JTT, clinic parties/fundraisers, volunteer opportunities, etc.).
- Participate in or volunteer for special events where the coaches’ presence or on court assistance is needed.
- Exhibit a willingness to travel with Legacy participants to tournaments and/or on trips.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three years of tennis coaching experience or competitive tennis play from the varsity high school level, collegiate D1, D2 or D3 or club level
- Ability to manage groups effectively and efficiently
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to be a positive role model to participants
- Demonstrated reliability and responsibility
- PTR or USPTA certification
- Well-developed capacity to work effectively in a dynamic team setting with a diverse group of passionate people
Legacy Youth Tennis and Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Part-time, non-exempt
Please send resume to email@example.com