Assistant Men’s & Women’s Tennis Coach
Position Description: The Assistant Men’s & Women’s Tennis Coach reports directly to the Head Men’s & Women’s Tennis Coach. This position shares responsibility for the success of the Athletics Programs and Student Life programs at Millsaps College. The Assistant Men’s & Women’s Tennis Coach supports the head coach, but also the Department of Athletics and the Division of Student Life at Millsaps College. Millsaps College is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of assistant softball coach. This is a full time, 10-month position including a stipend along with housing and meals, and will begin July 2019.
- Comprehend the NCAA Division III philosophy emphasizing academic, athletics;
- Recruit and evaluate high school and college athletes within college admissions and NCAA Division III guidelines;
- Provide on court coaching of athlete skill development;
- Assist in the planning of practice sessions;
- Monitor academic progress by student athletes involving grade reports, study skill development, and counseling;
- Coordinate team travel and logistics, including vehicles, lodging, and meals;
- Assist in scouting opponents;
- Assist with fund-raising programs to augment operations budget;
- Maintain parent and alumnae communication;
- Will work 30 hours per week.
- Assist with court and equipment maintenance
- Accept additional duties assigned by the Athletics Director and Head Coach.
- Comply with all NCAA Division III, Southern Athletic Association (SAA), and Millsaps College guidelines;
- Partner with the Department of Athletics and Division of Student Life to find new and exciting ways to energize the scholastics-sports environment at Millsaps College;
- Accept game-day administrator obligations each semester, if necessary;
- Organize community service activities for team members and coaches;
- Participate in various other areas of interest for the College, Student Life, and Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- College varsity coaching experience or related experience preferred
- The desire to continue fostering a strong academic and athletic program through creative and educational means.
Please send resume, Cover letter and three references to Davis Elkins @ firstname.lastname@example.org