Job Title: Graduate Assistant Men’s Tennis Coach
Location: Santa Clara University, San Jose, CA
Reports To: Niall Angus (Head Men’s Tennis Coach)
ABOUT SANTA CLARA UNIVERSITY TENNIS
Santa Clara University is a private Jesuit university located in Santa Clara, California. It has 5,435 full-time undergraduate students, and 3,335 graduate students. The location of the school is in the heart of the Silicon Valley region in Northern California, home to companies such as Apple, Google and Facebook. The tennis team belongs to the WCC (West Coast Conference) which mainly features smaller private institutions on the west coast.
The team is currently lead by head coach Niall Angus (3rd season) and he is assisted by volunteer assistant Jordan Angus (3rd season).
The graduate assistant coach will serve as the Assistant Coach for the men’s team. Cost of tuition for the selected applicant will be paid by Santa Clara University. The position would begin starting in the fall of 2019, and continue until the completion of graduate school.
- Diligently assist coaching staff and administration to effectively run a Division 1 Men’s Tennis program
- Assist with the development of players on the roster including individual practices and instruction
- Recruit new players for the future upcoming seasons. Take and pass the NCAA Division 1 recruiting test
- Travel with the team for fall tournaments and spring schedule
- String rackets for the players on the team
- Attend and participate in all scheduled team practices and events
- Adhere to all Conference and NCAA compliance rules and regulations
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must meet GRE/GMAT requirements for the relevant graduate school
- Strong tennis background required, college tennis background preferred
- Must have a valid US driver’s license
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters to:
Niall Angus- Head Men’s Tennis Coach- email@example.com
Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.