Seattle University – Part-Time Assistant Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach
Seattle University is deeply committed to fostering a community of excellence, diversity and inclusion. We welcome all applicants who are willing and devoted to our mission of educating the whole person, to professional formation, and to empowering leaders for a just and humane world. Candidates must be committed to a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities for student-athletes, our core values (Care, Academic Excellence, Diversity, Faith, Justice and Leadership) as well as the importance of good citizenship both on and off the playing field.
We are seeking a Part-time Assistant Tennis Coach to assist in the development and management of our Men’s and Women’s Tennis Program.
STATUS: Part-time, 8 months temporary
WORK HOURS: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. with frequent evening and weekend hours as required by head coach
ESSENTIAL AND RELATED FUNCTIONS:
To assist the Head Coach and Tennis Staff in the management of the men’s and women’s tennis program. Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Hitting Partner during practices as assigned and requested - The ability to play competitively with our players is a priority
- Assist with the preparation, administration, management and Coaching/Instructing of all tennis fundamentals
- Assist with home and away matches as assigned
- Travel to away matches, tournaments, and events as assigned
- Schedules and manages team travel, including lodging, transportation and meal arrangements in accordance with budgetary restrictions
- Assist with administrative requirements as well as perform other off court duties including social media, fundraising functions, team meetings, and other duties assigned by the Head Coach
- Assist with recruiting material and process to include recruiting quality prospective student-athletes and ensures timely submission of their academic records for admissions
- Assistant Coach will work closely with the Head Coach as well as help to direct the Volunteer Assistant Coaches and any other assigned staff member. The Assistant Coach will be an active team member of the Head Coach’s Staff.
- Video set-up and analysis
- Demonstrates compliance with all Association (NCAA), Conference (WAC), and University rules and regulations by athletes and supporting staff.
- Communicates consistently with head-coaches, administration, and peers about program goals, status, and needs.
- Assist with on and off court coaching individual and team practices sessions
Job comes with:
- Access to equipment: Balls and Accessories etc.
- Summer Camp Position when approved by Head Coach
- Ability to perform private lessons and clinics under the direction and approval of the Head Coach and under the rules set forth by the Head Coach’s LLC and Seattle University Athletics guidelines
- Additional equipment as needed and approved by the Head Coach
- Bachelor’s degree; master's degree is preferred.
- Tennis Teaching Certification by the USPTR, PTR, or ITF is requested
- Prior experience coaching tennis at the professional, collegiate or high school levels
- Competitive personal playing experience, high-level playing Skills (collegiate and/or professional playing experience and/or college coaching and/or high performance coaching experience
- Knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent work ethic, attention to detail, reliability and willingness to learn
- Ability and willingness to work well with others and get along with a diverse population of students
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Must be willing to travel and be available to work flexible hours including weekends as required
- Valid Driver’s license and an acceptable driving record in accordance with the university’s transportation policy
- Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three (3) references.