Assistant Coach - General
This position reports to the head women’s tennis coach and will assist in all aspects of supporting the women’s tennis program. This includes, but is not limited to: recruiting, daily team operations, practice planning, conditioning, game preparation, video analysis, team and event management, scheduling and travel arrangements. Position requires strict adherence to NCAA rules, travel, working directly with student-athletes and advanced tennis coaching abilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Must have experience playing and/or coaching at the collegiate level.
Job Specific Qualifications
• Must have a strong working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
• Expertise coaching in the sport of tennis.
• Preference given to candidate with the ability to recruit high-level student-athletes.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills required.
• The ability to guide and support Syracuse University student-athletes in their quest for excellence academically, athletically, and socially.
• The capacity to establish a good rapport and effective working relationship with student-athletes, parents, administrators, faculty, staff, and the community is required.
• Assist the Head Coach with various coaching duties at practices and on game days.
• Coordinate practice times and scheduling both at home and on the road.
• Assist as needed with all aspects of team travel.
• Identify, evaluate and encourage the application and acceptance of student-athletes in accordance with NCAA and University policies.
• Assist with prospective student-athletes and families on official and unofficial campus visits.
• Assist with all administrative tasks of operating a Division 1 athletics team, including but not limited to:
• Monitoring team budget and related gift accounts.
• Researching and coordinating apparel/equipment purchases and other program needs.
• Scheduling of facilities, practice schedules and training and conditioning programs.
• Organizing and participating in fundraising and promotional activities as appropriate.
• Ensuring the rules and regulations of the University and NCAA are followed at all times.
• Work in cooperation with trainers, strength and conditioning personnel, and sports information personnel assigned to the team to monitor student-athlete health and well-being.
• Monitor student-athlete academic performance with University academic advisors.