University of South Carolina Upstate
Assistant Tennis Coach
Advertised Job Summary
The Assistant Tennis Coach serves to assist with all functions of the USC Upstate men’s and women’s tennis programs.
- Assists with on-court practice and matches (running drills, conditioning, and other coaching duties).
- Assists with recruitment and retention of student-athletes (off-campus evaluations and contacts, phone calls, on-campus visits, etc.).
- Serves as the team liaison with strength and conditioning program coaches.
- Assists with team travel arrangements (hotel, food, misc.).
- Assists with scheduling matches as directed by the Head Coach.
- Serves as team liaison with athletic academic support personnel.
- Assists in planning community activities (clinics, fundraising events, etc.).
- Maintains tennis facility as directed by the Head Coach (nets, windscreens, court surface, locker rooms, etc.).
- Assists with summer camp planning and organization.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Will assist in supervising male and female student-athletes in team settings such as practice, competition, conditioning, team travel, community service, etc.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of NCAA Division I collegiate playing experience or Semi/Professional (ATP/WTA) experience required. Proof of valid driver’s license, good driving record, and successful background check required. Successful completion of NCAA recruiting team exam is required.
Preferred experience includes knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations, exceptional interpersonal skills to positively represent and promote the university and tennis programs, computer skills and strong oral and written communication skills.
USC Upstate is located in Spartanburg, SC
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
For more information or to apply online, go to http://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/56683.