University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) - Assistant Women's Tennis Coach
Assists in the management of a Division I Women's Tennis Program. Primary duties include coaching enrolled student-athletes, recruiting prospective student-athletes, community relations, administrative duties, and camps. This position is responsible for promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program and C-USA.
Statement of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coach and teach student athletes on and off-court in an individual as well as team practice setting.
- Analyze video breakdown.
- Travel with and coach at away-from-home matches while also serving in a supervisory capacity.
- Identify, evaluate, and secure prospective student-athletes who can compete for and win championships as well as succeed in the classroom.
- Maintain current and accurate databases for recruiting classes using Jump Forward software program.
- Establish relationships with prospective student athletes (and their support group (parents/coach/teachers/etc.) during the process.
- Organize and carry out the on-campus visits and assist in the eventual signing of prospective student athletes to an NLI.
- Complete the majority of the required day-to-day documentation as it relates to NCAA Compliance, Athletics Department Business Office, team travel, equipment, etc.
- Attend all department meetings and as many public appearances as possible.
- Provide assistance, time and energy to all community outreach events organized by the Head Coach.
- Assist the Head Coach in the operation of the summer tennis camp.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- At least two years of coaching experience at the collegiate level at a Division I or Division II institution
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA Rules and Regulations
- Collegiate playing experience
- Successful experience in recruiting.
How to Apply:
UTEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until a qualified finalist is identified.
Interested candidates may apply by visiting www.utep.edu/employment
For questions about this position, contact firstname.lastname@example.org