Wake Forest University - Women's Volunteer Assistant Coach
The Wake Forest University women's tennis team is seeking a Volunteer Assistant Coach for the 2019-2020 season. Looking for a former collegiate or professional player interested in assisting the coaching staff in all aspects of running a major Division I tennis program. Duties include (but not limited to):
Coaching and Teaching:
· Assist with on and off-court coaching and teaching of student-athletes in an individual and team practice format.
· On-court hitting and training with the student-athletes
· Travel to away matches and tournaments.
· Assist with home matches.
· Video set-up and analysis.
· Assist with developing practice plans.
· Establish relationships with prospective student athletes and their support group: i.e. parents/coaches/teachers during on-campus visits.
· Ensure adherence to NCAA and University rules by following and maintaining current knowledge of all policies, guidelines, and procedures.
· Assist the coaching staff with administrative responsibilities.
· Assist the coaching staff with community outreach, fundraising events and social media.
· College tennis or professional playing experience.
· Passion for being on court both teaching/coaching and playing.
· Excellent work ethic, detail oriented and high level of responsibility.
· Thorough knowledge of the NCAA rules and regulations.
The position allows for outside income from tennis lessons, clinics and camps.
All interested applicants, please forward your resume, cover letter and references to Head Coach Jeff Wyshner at: email@example.com. Posted July 23, 2019. Open until filled.