ASSISTANT COACH –WOMEN’S TENNIS
- As directed by the Head Coach or Athletic Director,
- Have complete knowledge of, and maintain strict compliance with, the rules and regulations governing the sport, recruitment of student athletes, and intercollegiate athletic competition. Maintain strict adherence to University, MAC, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Identify, evaluate, scout, recruit, and interview prospective student-athletes and their parents/guardians in an effort to secure the best possible student-athletes for the Program and University.
- Work in cooperation with, and support of, the University's administrators and faculty to ensure the quality of a well-rounded student-athlete experience resulting in student athletes' academic requirements being satisfied, leading to graduation. Be fair, sympathetic and protective of the student athletes while upholding academic and moral integrity.
- Effectively prepare players for each game and each season with dedication so as to assist the student-athletes to attain their maximum level of athletic performance and to successfully compete against major college competition.
- Participate in fundraising, alumni, public relations and media events as requested or deemed appropriate in an effort to improve relations, increase fundraising, and maintain a positive image of the Broncos and the University.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in recruiting, training, coaching, evaluating, and supervising student athletes to attain their maximum level of academic and athletic performance and to compete successfully against major college competition in a quality Program.
- A bachelor’s degree with 1-5 years of relevant coaching experience, preferably at the NCAA Division I level.
A Master level degree is preferred, but not required.
Western Michigan University offers generous benefits to its employees including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement, and tuition discount for the employee and tuition remission for eligible dependents. To access information about the specific benefits available for this position, GO TO: https://www.wmich.edu/hr/enrollment-coaches
Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience, combined with an excellent benefits package.
Western Michigan University, an equal opportunity employer, complies with applicable federal and state laws and University policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment.
To express an interest in this position, please email resume, cover letter and at least 3 professional references Head Coach, Ryan Tomlinson, at firstname.lastname@example.org The University will make contact with candidates of whom further information is desired.