Western New England University – Men’s and Women’s Tennis Graduate Assistant in the Masters of Science in Sport Leadership and Coaching Program – January 2019 start date
Assist Head Coach in all aspects of the program during the academic year which include but are not limited to: on and off-court coaching during practices and competitions, mentoring, travel with team to spring break, assist with administrative duties including alumni outreach, fundraising,
social media, player meetings, and other duties as assigned.
Recruiting will be an integral responsibility of the position. It will consist mainly of making initial contacts and setting up on-campus visits, and some summer travel will be required.
- Bachelors’ degree and acceptance into the Masters of Science in Sport Leadership and Coaching program required. This is primarily an on-line program, and does not qualify for a student Visa.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent work ethic, attention to detail, reliability, and responsibility.
- Collegiate playing experience.
- Previous high level coaching experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record in accordance with the University’s Defensive Driving Course.
- Comprehend the NCAA Division III philosophy emphasizing academic, athletics, leadership.
Position includes a $6,000 stipend and full tuition for the Masters of Science in Sport Leadership and Coaching.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume with at least three professional references to: Head Coach Jennifer Kolins Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Western New England is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome candidates whose background may contribute to the further diversification of our community.