William Woods University - Head Men's & Women's Tennis Coach
The Head Men’s and Women's Tennis Coach is responsible for promoting William Woods Athletics through the academic, on-court and off-court development of the tennis program.
A review of applications will begin immediately. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have an understanding of the sport of tennis.
- Be able to communicate effectively the understanding of the sport.
- Be able to properly demonstrate the understanding of the sport.
- Supervise all practices and workouts.
- Be able to maintain an appropriate, consistent and fair level of discipline.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner consistent with the values of the university.
- Actively promote the university.
- Recruit quality student-athletes.
- Monitor academic progress.
- Coordinate and provide administration for some home events.
- Coordinate with the athletic department on athletic scheduling.
- Report statistical information and game results to the WWU Sports Information Director.
- Coordinate transportation of team and travel requirements.
- Coordinate on and off campus Champions of Character activities.
- Supervise graduate assistant coaches.
- Work in conjunction with Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- Work in conjunction with Athletic Training Staff.
- Work with the university to foster alumni relations.
- Responsibly manage a budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- to maintain an appropriate, consistent, and fair level of discipline.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated ability in leading an athletic team, fundraising and revenue development, budget development, employee management.
- Preferred knowledge of and commitment to NAIA rules; preferred knowledge of Champions of Character program and commitment to its principles and goals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak publicly without difficulty.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Ability to climb several flights of stairs several times each day.
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods.
- Ability to speak and read English fluently.
- Must possess a Missouri driver’s license and adhere to the WWU vehicle policy.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This is an exempt, 10-month position requiring 40+ hours per week with day, evening, or weekend work as needed. This position will begin in August 2019.