ITA Code of Ethics
It is understood that each and every coach member of the ITA accepts and agrees to follow the ITA Code of Ethics.
ITA Coaches shall:
- Behave in such a way that they shall bring credit to their profession, and shall exhibit professionalism in all of their words and actions.
- Honor all professional relationships with their colleagues, and shall treat their colleagues with dignity and respect.
- Act in full accordance with institutional, conference and national governing body rules, and shall report any violation of governing body rules.
- Put the welfare of their student-athletes first while maintaining professional relationships with them, and encourage the student-athlete to exhibit good sportsmanship at all times.
- Remember that collegiate tennis players are student-athletes and not make demands upon them that are inconsistent with institutional, conference and national governing body rules, or in any way compromise the student-athletes’ academic pursuits.
- Address all concerns with institutional, conference and national governing body rules, as well as all concerns with colleagues or umpires, through the proper channels, and never through the media or rumor or innuendo.
- Be honest and forthright during the recruiting process, and refrain from making negative or derogatory statements about another coach or institution.
- Refrain from employing unfair influence or otherwise taking advantage of individual or collective voting power (conference, region, etc.) or position to further team, conference, or regional representation.
- Treat all match umpires in a professional and respectable manner.
Failure to adhere to the ITA Code of Ethics may jeopardize the coach’s standing within the ITA. Violations should be reported in writing to the ITA Ethics Committee
Ethics & Infractions Complaint Procedures
Ethics & Infractions Complaint Form